07 May 2009

Movies

Shifting from books to movies today... I saw Fast and Furious the other day so I thought I would blather aimlessly about my movie viewing plans for the next few months.

Fast & Furious: This movie carries on from the first installment "The Fast and the Furious". (Same cast as well.) If you liked the first one, you'll like this one. Fast cars, unbelievable special effects etc... There is actually more story/better dialogue than "Tokyo Drift" - but it doesn't take much to get over that threshold. Never saw 2 Fast 2 Furious - no Vin Diesel :)

Now for the things I haven't seen:

Wolverine: I enjoyed the X-men movies (although the first two were better than the third I thought) so I'm looking forward to this. Hugh Jackman reprises his X-men role.







Terminator: Christian Bale takes us into the future to join the fight against the machines. Again I liked the first two Terminator movies but the thought the third was weak (John Connor really wasn't believable as the prospective leader of the resistance, the girl had more gumption).

Public Enemies: Christian Bale, Johnny Depp, and writer-director Michael Mann, give this movie a jump start even before reading the gangster movie blurb. Based on a true story apparently - how closely? Well, this is Hollywood after all...



Star Trek: Prequel to the original series; we see the start of Kirk and The Enterprise. I'm not a Trekkie but this looks like it has potential to be a good yarn. Simon Pegg (from "Shaun of the Dead") plays Scotty, and a New Zealander, Karl Urban, plays Bones.






From this you can probably determine - yes, I like action movies; yes, I like Sci-Fi; and yes, some of these may include eye-candy.

1 comment:

A Muser said...

Public Enemies looks really good, looking forward to it :)