07 November 2011

book poems

On my date with Satan,
we were talking dirty to the gods
and negotiating with the dead
in the skin of a lion.
How beautiful the beloved
stern men
circling the drain,
the women on the edge
of moral disorder.
Attention please now:
the girl in the flammable skirt
takes a streetcar named desire,
happily
minding her own business.
Her party of one
is a question of gravity and light,
her one hundred years of solitude
dressing up for the carnival
as beautiful and pointless
as imaginary words.
(Heather Kamins)

Very cool - yes.
Book poems. Janet Reid came across one, then ran a competition on her blog.
Each line must be the title of the book, as few extra words as possible. I've got some of the entries here. I was very tempted to make my own, unfortunately most of my books are in boxes at the moment.


(Steve)



 Finding What I Knew

In search of MIRACLES,
I left THE KNOWN WORLD
To go WALKING ON WATER
Toward a LOST HORIZON.

RIDING BETWEEN THE WORLDS,
I was a WANDERER OF THE WASTELAND.

THE STRANGER took me,
I was SOLD INTO EGYPT
Until THE GOOD SHEPHERD
Sent me THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS
To THE THURBER CARNIVAL.

IT'S A MAGICAL WORLD, after all.
(Gayle)


And a final one - short & sweet.

 round the bend, snow
on the road, slow is beautiful
almost there


(Victor)

No comments: